1. The housing of the syringe filter is made of polycarbonate, polypropylene, and polyethylene plastic. The upper and lower parts are welded by ultrasonic waves, which is resistant to high pressure. There is no leakage of the product.
2. Syringe filters are widely used in laboratories. It does not require membrane replacement and filter cleaning, and saves complicated and time-consuming preparation work. It is mainly used for sample pre-filtration, clarification and removal of particles, liquids and gases.
Classification of disposable syringe filter1. Classification of liquid properties: water phase filtration; organic phase filtration.
Character of syringe filter
1. The PTFE membrane of the syringe filter is completely made of natural and permanent hydrophobic PTFE material. Even under a very low pressure difference, it can ensure that moist air or other gases can pass without hindrance, while the aqueous solution cannot pass through. PTFE membrane has extremely strong chemical compatibility, and is capable of filtering almost all organic solvents and highly corrosive chemicals. When the PTFE membrane must be used to filter the aqueous solution, it must be pre-soaked with ethanol or isopropanol before the aqueous solution can be filtered.
2. Syringe filter glass fiber pre-filtration membrane (GF): used to improve the filtration rate and continuous filtration; glass fiber filter membrane is a deep layer filtration, its main purpose is to be used as a pre-filtration layer directly on the filter membrane.
3. Syringe filter nylon membrane (Polyamide, Nylon): used for filtering alkaline solution and organic solvent.
For organic solvent filtration, such as HPLC mobile phase particle removal, nylon membranes are more economical and practical than PTFE membranes. Due to the relatively high adsorption performance of nylon membranes, it is generally not recommended for filtration of culture media or biological samples such as protein solution, so as to avoid loss of samples due to adsorption. In this case, a low-adsorption cellulose acetate membrane (CA) is generally more suitable.
4. Syringe filter thermal spray fiber flat membrane PP, due to the difference in molecular arrangement of the molecular chain in graded and random polypropylene. At room temperature, it can withstand most chemical solvents except strong oxidants; it is used for impurities or particles in liquids or gases. Not as a sterilization filter, only for clarifying filtration.
5. Syringe filter PVDF membrane has excellent heat resistance and chemical stability. It is not corroded by acids, alkalis, strong oxidants and halogens at room temperature, and is stable to organic solvents such as aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aldehydes. Hydrophilic PVDF is widely used in sterilization and filtration in biopharmaceuticals due to low protein adsorption and low precipitates. Positively charged PVDF can be used to remove endotoxin.