What areSyringe filter syringe filters used for? syringe filter, also known as needle filter, cylinder filter, cylinder filter membrane filter, etc., is used for sample prefiltration, clarification of the removal of particles, liquids and gases, etc.
What are the advantages of using a syringe filter?
The syringe filter has the advantages of simple structure, reasonable, good sealing, strong circulation ability and simple operation.Widely used in laboratories, it eliminates the need for membrane changes and filter cleaning, eliminating the need for complex and time-consuming preparation.
Introduction to disposable syringe filters
1. The shell of the syringe filter is made of polycarbonate, polypropylene and polyethylene plastic. The upper and lower parts are welded together by ultrasonic, which can withstand high pressure without any leakage problem.
2. The syringe filter is widely used in the laboratory. It does not need to change the membrane and clean the filter, which saves the complicated and time-consuming preparation work.It is the preferred method for filtering small samples by HPLC and GC.
Disposable syringe filter classification
1. Syringe filter are divided into one-time and repeatedly, organic or drainage, specifications have Φ 13 or Φ 25, used in liquid or gas phase analysis sample filter.
2. The filter materials are: Nylon, polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), mixed cellulose (MCE), cellulose acetate (CA), Glass Fiber, polypropylene (PP), polyethersulfone (PES).
3. Filtration purpose or process classification: sterilizing filtration;Clarification filtration;Pre filtering;Except particle filtration;
4. Interface form: master bayonet;Formula socket
5. The appearance size: 4 mm13mm17mm25mm30mm33mm50mm, etc
6. Filter layer structure: monolayer membrane structure; Multilayer film structure; Capillary structure
7. Hydrophobic ptfe filter membrane: used for filtering air, gas and hydrophobic chemicals
Disposable syringe filters are commonly used to filter material properties
1. PTFE film is made of natural and permanently hydrophobic PTFE material, which can ensure the passage of moist air or other gases, while water solution cannot pass through, even under very low pressure difference.Its performance and hydrophilic film is the opposite.PTFE filter membrane has strong chemical compatibility and can filter almost all organic solvents and corrosive chemicals.When the aqueous solution must be filtered with PTFE membrane, the aqueous solution must be presoaked with ethanol or isopropanol before it can be filtered.
2. Glass fiber prefiltration membrane: for improving the filtration pass rate and continuous filtration;Glass fiber filter membrane belongs to deep filtration, its main use is as a pre-filtration layer, directly on the filter membrane for use.
3. Nylon filter membrane: used for filtering alkaline solution and organic solvent; Nylon film has very good mechanical strength, strong absorption, can withstand most organic solvents and most alkaline solutions, especially suitable for the filtration of alkaline solutions.Nylon membrane is more economical and practical than PTFE membrane for organic solvent filtration, such as liquid separation by HPLC for particle filtration.
In addition, nylon membrane can also be used as transfer membrane.Because the adsorption performance of nylon membrane is relatively high, it is generally not recommended for medium filtration, or protein liquid filtration of biological samples, so as to avoid the loss of samples due to adsorption.In this case, low adsorption cellulose acetate membrane is usually used, which is more suitable.
4. Hot jet fiber flat film PP, because of the molecular chain in the spatial arrangement of the difference in the classification of gauge and random polypropylene.At room temperature, it can withstand most chemical solvents except strong oxidizer.Impurities or particles applied to liquids or gases.It is not used for sterilizing filtration, only for clarification filtration.
5. PVDF membrane has excellent heat resistance and chemical stability.It is not corroded by acid, alkali, strong oxidizer and halogen at room temperature, stable to aliphatic hydrocarbon, aromatic hydrocarbon, alcohol, aldehyde and other organic solvents.Hydrophilic PVDF is widely used in bactericidal filtration in biopharma due to low protein adsorption and less precipitates. Positively charged PVDF can be used to remove endotoxin.
Disposable syringe filter application
1.HPLC sample preparation
2. Routine QC analysis
3. Remove protein deposits
4. Dissolution determination
5. Food analysis
6. Biofuel analysis
7. Environmental testing