Introduction to HPLC disposable syringe filters
1. The housing of the HPLC disposable syringe filter is made of polycarbonate, polypropylene, polyethylene plastic, the upper and lower parts are welded together by ultrasonic, high pressure resistance, and no product leakage problems.
2. HPLC disposable syringe filter is widely used in laboratories. It does not require membrane replacement and filter cleaning, which saves complicated and time-consuming preparation work. It is mainly used for sample prefiltration, clarification and removal of particles, and sterilization and filtration of liquids and gases. Syringe filters are the preferred method for filtering small samples of HPLC and GC.
Classification of HPLC disposable syringe filters1. Liquid property classification: water phase filtration; organic phase filtration. 2. Filter phase classification: gas phase filtration; liquid phase filtration. 3. Filtration purpose or process classification: sterilization filtration; clarification filtration; pre-filtration; particle removal filtration. 4. Interface form: female Luer lock; male Luer unlock. 5. Dimensions: 13mm, 25mm. 6. Hydrophobic polytetrafluoroethylene membrane (PTFE): used for filtration of air, gas and hydrophobic chemicals.
Characteristics of commonly used filter materials for HPLC disposable syringe filters
1. The PTFE membrane is made of PTFE, which is completely natural and permanently hydrophobic. Even at a very low pressure difference, it can ensure the passage of moist air or other gases without obstruction, while the aqueous solution cannot pass through. Its performance is just the opposite of that of the hydrophilic membrane. The PTFE membrane has strong chemical compatibility, and it can filter almost all organic solvents and strong corrosive chemicals. When the aqueous solution must be filtered with a PTFE membrane, it must be pre-soaked with ethanol or isopropanol before the aqueous solution can be filtered.
2. Glass fiber pre-filter membrane (GF): used to improve the filtration rate and continuous filtration; glass fiber filter membrane belongs to deep-layer filtration, and its main purpose is to be used as a pre-filter layer and directly added to the filter membrane.
3. Nylon membrane (Polyamide, Nylon): used to filter alkaline solutions and organic solvents.
Nylon membrane has very good mechanical strength, strong adsorption, can withstand most organic solvents and most alkaline solutions, and is especially suitable for the filtration of alkaline solutions. For organic solvent filtration, such as HPLC mobile phase particle removal filtration, nylon membrane is more economical and practical than PTFE membrane. In addition, nylon membrane can also be used as a transfer membrane.
Due to the relatively high adsorption performance of nylon membranes, it is generally not recommended to filter biological samples such as culture media or protein liquids to avoid loss of samples due to adsorption. In this case, usually a low-adsorption cellulose acetate membrane (CA) is more suitable.
4. The thermal spray fiber flat film PP is divided into isotactic and atactic polypropylene due to the difference in the spatial arrangement of molecular chains. At room temperature, it can withstand most chemical solvents except strong oxidants; it is used for impurities or particles in liquids or gases. Not as a sterilization filtration, only for clarification filtration.
5. PVDF membrane has excellent heat resistance and chemical stability. It is not corroded by acids, alkalis, strong oxidants and halogens at room temperature, and is stable to organic solvents such as aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aldehydes. Hydrophilic PVDF is widely used in sterilization filtration in biopharmaceuticals due to its low protein adsorption capacity. Positively charged PVDF can be used to remove endotoxins.
HPLC disposable syringe filter application1. HPLC sample preparation 2. Routine QC analysis 3. Remove protein deposits 4. Dissolution measurement 5. Food Analysis 6. Biofuel analysis 7. Environmental testing