Several Common Materials And Advantage For Syringe Filter
If the filtered product contains a lot of particulate matter or viscous impurities, a syringe filter with a pre-filter membrane can be used. The pre-filter membrane filter is to add a layer of pre-filter membrane before the filter membrane of the ordinary syringe filter, which plays the role of protecting the micro-porous filter membrane.
The pre-filter membrane removes particulate impurities while preventing sticky impurities from clogging the filter. The pre-filtration membranes are chemically inert and resistant to most solvents. The rigidity of the membrane and the structure of the large specific surface area has the characteristics of small retention capacity and low resistance, so the pre-filter membrane syringe filter can maintain high flux even if it handles difficult-to-filter samples. Before analyzing the samples, the service life of chromatographic column will be extended dramatically through filtering the particles in the samples.
In selection of syringe filter, the property of materials should be first considered, that is, whether the syringe filter is acid-resistant, alkali, organic solvents and so on. There are some brief introductions on materials manufactured for syringe filters.
1. Nylon Materials
Nylon syringe filter
made of this material has good temperature resistance, can withstand 121°C, saturated steam high pressure disinfection 30 minutes, the maximum operating temperature 60°C, chemical stability good resistance to dilute acid dilute alkali and other organic and inorganic compounds, solvents. Nylon syringe filter compatibility have excellent chemical compatibility, even with aggressive acids and alcohols.
Application: Suitable for filtration of water filtration in electronics, microelectronics, semiconductor industry, tissue culture medium, liquid medicine, beverage, high purification chemical, water and organic solution mobile phase.
2. PTFE Material
Hydrophobic PTFE syringe filter
and hydrophilic PTFE syringe filter
made of this material has a wide range of chemical compatibility, good temperature resistance, strong acid and alkali resistance, strong chemical corrosive solvents and oxidants.
Applications: Chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental protection, electronics, food, energy and other fields, can filter almost all organic solutions.
3. PVDF Materials
PVDF syringe filter
made of this material has high mechanical strength, good tensile strength, good heat resistance and chemical stability, very low protein adsorption, strong hydrophobicity.
Applications: gas and steam filtration, high temperature liquid filtration, tissue culture medium, additives and other sterilization filtration, solvent and chemical raw materials purification filtration.
4. PES Material
PES is usually an amorphous polymer. The mechanical properties remain basically unchanged at 200°C. After adding 30% glass fiber reinforced, the deformation of 4 months under 200℃ high load is less than 0.005%. The long-term use temperature of polyethersulfone is 180℃, if 30% glass fiber is added, it will be 200℃.
Applications: polyethersulfone materials are mostly used for medical liquid filtration membranes. PES filter membrane has a three-dimensional structure and is a hydrophilic polymer polymer filter membrane, with stable chemical performance, and good drug compatibility; with a series of pores of high porosity, good pressure resistance, high temperature sterilization and large dirt holding capacity and so on.
Advantage of syringe filter
1. Syringe filter Nylon material: good temperature resistance, good chemical stability, resistance to various organic and inorganic compounds and solvents such as dilute acid and alkali. Natural hydrophilicity, no wetting agent is needed during use, and the filter fluid is not contaminated.
2. Syringe filter PTFE material: suitable for gas sterilization, aseptic device gas exchange, vacuum pipeline protection, organic solution sterilization or clarification filtration. It can be applied to instruments such as carbon dioxide incubators, laboratory fermentation tanks, etc. It can also be used as a protector for vacuum pumps to prevent liquid from flowing backwards and causing damage to the pump. Different material disposable needle filters to meet different needs.
3. Syringe filter PVDF material: high mechanical strength, good tensile strength, good heat resistance and chemical stability, extremely low protein adsorption, strong hydrophobicity.
4. Syringe filter MCE material: mixed cellulose is a mixture of cellulose acetate and nitrocellulose. It has no biological activity and good hydrophilicity. It is widely used in clarification and sterilization filtration of various liquids. One of the microporous filter membranes.
5. Syringe filter PES material: extremely low protein adsorption and very high protein recovery. Fast flow rate and high filtration speed. Good solvent resistance, suitable for many applications. Known as a kind of inherently hydrophilic membrane, PES wets out quickly and completely results in high flow rates and high outputs in fast filtration. Compatible with alcohols, bases, most aqueous and organic mixtures, and not compatible with acids, halogenated hydrocarbons, and proteins, the characteristic of PES membrane has the extremely low protein binding, that can minimize the target analyte binding, when Hawach disposable PES syringe filters are used to sterilize and clarify viscous proteinaceous solutions.