The shell of HEPA syringe filters is made of polypropylene with excellent chemical stability, and is made into different colors to facilitate users to distinguish products of different specifications and materials to avoid confusion. The filter membrane adopts imported high-performance filter membrane, with stable product quality and good reproducibility, which is an ideal choice for laboratory filtration samples.
50mm syringe filter are common consumables in laboratories. They can be used in HPLC analysis and IC analysis, as well as in sample prefiltration, clarification and removal of particles, and sterilization and filtration of liquids and gases. There are many types of 5μm syringe filter that are widely used. Sorted out some methods for the classification of syringe filters and will share them with you below.
1. According to the classification of filtering phase, cellulose acetate syringe filter can be divided into needle gas phase filter and needle liquid phase filter.
2. According to the properties of the filtered solvent, 50mm syringe filter can be divided into needle type water filter, needle type organic type filter and water type organic general needle type filter.
3. According to whether it can be sterilized, 5μm syringe filter can be divided into two types: sterilization and non-sterilization. Sterilization syringe filters include gas filters or liquid filters. They should be completed in accordance with the sterile filter integrity test procedures before and after use.
The sterilization methods are divided into steam sterilization and ethylene oxide gas sterilization, and steam sterilization is the most commonly used method.
4. According to the filter layer structure, 5μm syringe filter can be divided into single-layer membrane structure syringe filter, multilayer membrane structure and capillary structure syringe filter. The single-layer membrane syringe filter generally adopts single-layer microporous membrane, which can be used for general filtration.
The sample is economical and practical; the multi-layer membrane structure adds a pre-filtration membrane, which can filter the coarser particulate impurities in the air. During production, transportation, and use, it can well protect the main filter material and prevent the damage and damage of the main filter membrane. Aging not only improves the service life, but also improves the filtering flow and filtering effect.
5. HEPA syringe filter has a variety of membrane materials, including cellulose acetate (CA), hydrophilic polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), nylon (Nylon), polyethersulfone (PES) and hydrophobic polytetrafluoroethylene ( PTFE) etc.
6. According to the shape and size, there are generally three diameters: 13mm, 25mm, and 33mm. 13mm is recommended for the filtration of 1-10ml solvent, and 25mm is recommended for the filtration of 10-100ml solvent. The pore size of the syringe filter membrane has two types: 0.22μm and 0.45μm, of which 0.22μm can remove very fine particles in samples and mobile phases, which can meet the requirements of 99.99% sterilization specified by GMP or Pharmacopoeia; 0.45μm can filter In addition to most bacteria and microorganisms, it can meet the requirements of routine samples and mobile phase filtration, and can meet general chromatographic requirements. For chromatographic column systems using 3μm or larger particles, 0.45μm syringe filters or membranes can be used; for chromatographic systems using less than 3μm fillers, or chromatographic systems involving microbial growth, 0.22μm membranes are recommended.